Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Start of Something New

Usually people wait until the new year to start something new. Losing weight, working out, a new project, etc. So, why am I sitting at my computer an hour before my daughter is to get off the school bus from an early dismissal to start a holiday vacation? I don't know. I do know when I get an idea in my head, I run with it.

I love food. I love to cook it, I love to eat it, and I love to talk about it. I am addicted to Food Network, I watch cooking reality shows like Top Chef and I have a cookbook collection that is starting to take over my house. Before I was married I would frequent all the top, trendy restaurants in the Philadelphia area. When I got married (pre-kids) my husband and I would spend weekends discovering new restaurants, farmers markets, etc. Then the kids came. So, while we could not hire babysitters non stop to support our eating out habit, we got creative. Going out when we can and taking the kids with us to explore new places.

My friends challenged me to write about my experiences. So, here we are. December 23rd, about to embark on a new project. My aim is to share with you places we have been, places we would like to go and places we should have skipped. Feel free to chime in with your favorites!

No comments: