Search This Blog

Friday, January 2, 2009

Girls Day Out



Today was a day out with my 5 year old and myself. She heads back to school on Monday and she and her 3 year old brother have been home since Christmas Eve day. My little one's day care was open today so I decided to let him go there so that my daughter and I can go to the movies and out to lunch. My little guy still takes a nap and I knew he would not have the attention for a movie as well.

We ate a quick lunch at the Double-T Diner in Bel Air (543 Marketplace Drive). It was Sophie's choice as she wanted breakfast for lunch. I had not been there for a while and every time I go I wonder why I don;t go more often. The food is decent and the service is reliable. I had a turkey burger and my daughter had eggs. There are 6 other locations in the Baltimore area.

After lunch we headed to the movies. We ended up seeing Marley and Me. What a tearjerker. I don't think my 5 year old got the full extent of the emotional heartstrings that were pulled, and that's OK with me. I bawled my eyes out. I actually lost a contact lens. I won't give away the full plot, but if you have seen it, you are hugging your canine a little closer tonight.

No dinner for me tonight..I'm coming down with something and my throat is sore. Wish I had some chicken soup.

No comments: