Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Klein's Markets Beginning their Transformation

Driving my daughter to dance tonight, I noticed that Klein's Supermarket in Forest Hill is now officially a Shoprite. The signs are down and the new Shoprite logo is now on the front of the building. I learned late last year that Klein's was bought out by ShopRite. Being from Philadelphia, I know Shoprite. There is some comfort level there. When I moved here from Pennsylvania, Acme was the only market familiar to me. The Acme is Fallston is nothing to brag about, but that's another issue. Shoprites have been taking over other stores in the Philadelphia area as well. So, while I am excited for the comforts of "home", it is a little sad that a family business that has been in Harford County for a long, long time is no more. I'm going to miss the Jewish Apple Cake and their rotisserie chickens. They were the best.

For the full story, click here.

No comments: