Search This Blog

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Get your Java on!


McDonald's is offering a great deal for the early risers this Month. Apparently you can get a free medium sized McCafe drink between the hours of 5-8 am every day in February (the shortest month of the year, but hey, who cares). I heard the commercial twice now. Both times, I was still in bed, just waking up so I wanted to make sure I heard it twice before posting. I personally will not be able to take advantage of this deal since I don't leave the house before 8:30 am, but Brian is super excited as he leaves for work at 6:30 in the morning and passes McDonalds every morning on his commute.

It appears that McDonalds is aggressively trying to compete with Starbucks with their coffee drinks. I had heard that they put in a "coffee bar" in the Bel Air location (Route 1/route 24). They actually closed the restaurant for a few days while this renovation was being made. I have had the cafe mocha and it is really good. I was in nutritional sticker shock when I got home and checked the stats..but it was good none the less and hit the spot on one of those cold, running around like a lunatic, holiday shopping days.

Just check with your local McDonalds to make sure they are participating! Drink up!

2 comments:

Kate. said...

Hi Jill! I'm from Harford County, too- Monkton, but now live in Maine. I just found your blog from the foodie blogroll. And I love Roy's too, one of my favorite restaurants to go to when I was living in the Inner Harbor.

Take it easy!

The Blueberry Files

Jill said...

I've never been to Maine..always wanted to go..lobster and blueberries! We made it to Vermont this past summer. I love New England! Thanks for reading!